11g Launch

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:50:06 -0700

Anyone else catch the presentation this morning?  I caught some of it,
but was on a conference call and getting the kids ready at the same time
so I was in and out and only got brief notes.  Besides, it was an
executive-level presentation anyway so there wasn't a lot of detail
given.  Here are some very brief notes I was able to capture on the new
features:

Data recovery advisor
2-3x Compression for all data types
Encrypt tablespace
Encrypted, compressed backups
Partitioning advisor & Automatic partitioning
OLAP-based Materialized Views
Database Vault and Audit Vault
Total Recall - complete history of a row
Data Guard
        - Increased automation
        - read & apply recovery simultaneously on standby to offload
reporting from production server
        - run incremental backups from standby
        - rolling, online upgrades with standby
Real Application Testing - "preserve order amid change", workload
capture & replay to make testing changes faster and more accurate

Did I miss anything exciting?  Was there any detail given on the
"Execution Plan Change Management" feature I've heard rumors of that I
think is supposed to be replacing stored outlines as the method of
implementing "plan stability"?