RE: 10g slowdown

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, William.Blanchard@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:56:59 -0800 (PST)

William,

You can also compare all rows in v$ses_optimizer_env for the SAP session and
the sqlplus session. In case the SAP session set some events early on, find
them by SQL trace with a session logon trigger, or
oradebug setos(ora)pid xxx
oradebug dump events 1
and read the trace file.

Also, when checking another session's execution plan, explain plan should not
be used. Use v$sql_plan or dbms_xplan.display_cursor.

Yong Huang