RE: 10g slowdown

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:38:33 -0600 (CST)

Hey William,

You mentioned that you gathered stats on the table and indexes -- what
method did you use?  Analyze or DBMS_STATS?  Compute/estimate?  Histograms?
Buckets?  Etc.

Also, is the SQL you posted the actual statement or does SAP use bind
variables?  I'm having an issue (again) right now with 10.1.0.5 and bind
variable peeking causing a query to go from sub-second to 10 minutes because
the first statement executed after the cursor was invalidated by stats
gathering uses skewed values in the binds.

From 90 minutes north of you in the Frozen Tundra,
Rich