RE: 10g slowdown

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:02:34 -0600 (CST)

Beware that there is also what I believe to be a bug where all values for
the columns in v$sql_shared_cursor are "N", despite multiple children.
Oracle Support had no answer for me and I had no more time to spend on it.
I first noticed it at my last job on 10.2 and now here on 10.1 -- two
different companies, two completely different applications, one using binds
on a 3-tier web app, the other a client-server model not using binds.  The
only thing in common is the DBA...  :)

Rich