Re: 10g agent install failing

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:53:30 -0400

Hi,

On 5/27/05, arun chakrapani rao <arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry typo error.
>=20
> I was referring to the mail sent by Dimitre
>=20
> I did not change the filesystem rather tried setting
> the parameters TEMPDIR=3D/tmp,TEMP=3D/tmp,temp=3D/tmp. but
> it did not work.
> I did get the cd and tried installing the software it
> ran fine without any problems.
> So as per to oracle the agent software which is in OTN
> is a buggy one.
>=20
Thanks. This is interesting, do you have an oracle reference (e.g.
note, bug, whatever) for the fact OTN download software has a problem?

Also, you might try to download from edelivery.oracle.com as it would
be <impolite> of oracle to distribute buggy (OTN like) software on
edelivery.
Usually you get the 'latest' versions on edelivery, but it should be
same as CD. :-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas