Re: Shared APPL_TOP filesystem question

  • From: Pravin RC <pravinrc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:00:47 +1030

Guys,

Sorry this is not ASM thread, but i want to discuss the use and experience
of ASM.

I am in design phase we will have 2 node RAC and ASM( best practise and
MAA). i am bit skiptical on use of ASM as it is adding additional
maintenance of ASM instances on each node. And again copying files into and
from will be another challenge. Guys could you please discuss your your
experience on ASM use.

thanks

Pravin

--