Re: Shared APPL_TOP filesystem question

  • From: Luis Freitas <lfreitas34@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 06:17:18 -0800 (PST)

Pravin,

   Load balancing using eBusiness suite standard tools can provide high
availability for most of the components, but not all, it cannot provide high
availaiblity for the entry point.

    For that you will need either a clusterware to manage virtual IPs, could be
from Oracle or Sun, or an external load balancer appliance. If you go for the
Sun clusterware, check the prerequisites and the available functionality
carefully to see if it will work with Oracle Apps.

   The load balancer appliance can also offer additional functionality, like
SSL offloading, traffic shaping, connection merging and content caching. You
will need at least two appliances in a high availability configuration, usually
one is active and the other is in standby.

   There is also the need for the shared filesystem we already discussed here.

Best Regards,
Luis Freitas