Re: Shared APPL_TOP filesystem question

  • From: Luis Freitas <lfreitas34@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:48:14 -0800 (PST)

Hmmm,

   NFS thirdy party vendors are $$$, but operating system clusterware to manage
NFS high availability can also be $$$.

   Sun cluster suite, HP cluster, or Veritas is not exactly cheap. I don't know
how the clusterware licensing goes for AIX. For Redhat, RHCS used to be
licensed separatelly but on the latest release they included it on the
operating system license.

    Of course you can use Oracle CRS, but if the NFS servers doesn't have any
other oracle products, you need to pay for a license too, and it won't be
integrated with the O/S NFS server, so you can't expect any support from your
OS vendor with the failover procedures that need to be implemented on CRS.

Best Regards,
Luis Freitas