Re: Maintenance mode

  • From: "Satheesh Kathamuthu" <satheesh.ceg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "k srinivas" <k.sridba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:32:53 +0530

Hi,

Basically patching is done for bug fixing and some to introduce new
functionalities. When a new functionality is introduced lots of seed data is
uploaded to Application instance. Some of these seeded data include Roles,
Responsibilities, Requests, Request Groups, Help files etc. So these seeded
data are loaded into the Application instance through this FNDLOAD
executable. It reads the .ldt files that comes along with a patch and
uploads that to the instance. Again this is basically my understanding of
the process. Please corect me if i'am wrong. FNDLOAD executable is also
widely used while migration of these data that are set in one instance to
another instance. User created Roles, Responsibilities, Requests, Request
Groups can also be migrated using this utility. FNDLOAD utility uses the
.ldt and .lct files. For further information about FNDLOAD refer
http://oracle.anilpassi.com/oracle-fndload-script-examples.html .