Re: HA for Oracle E-Business Suite

  • From: "Maris Elsins" <elmaris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:05:45 +0300

This is the main doc to start with:
Subject: MAA Roadmap for the E-Business Suite   Doc ID: Note:403347.1

Oracle names HA differently Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) ;)

            "Farhan Khan"
             <farhan.toqeer@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             ora-apps-dba-boun                                          cc
             ce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: HA for Oracle E-Business Suite
             27.06.2007 15:54

             Please respond to
             ora-apps-dba@free
                 lists.org

Hello Jurijh,

Here are answers of your questions. I hope they would help you understand
the requirement.

  The kind of questions would be:
  - Current Topology
  --- Single server (DB Web Forms CM-s running on the same server)

No, DB would  be housed in  SAN and  Web Froms, CM-s would be on  separate
server.

  --- Split configuration DB is separated from Web Forms CM-s

No

  --- How components are splited? Are CM-s running on the DB server /

No

  Web server or on dedicated server? Ate there multiple servers for
  Web/Forms/CM-s

No, there would be a  single server hosting  everything except the DB.

  --- What kind of problems you are going to protect system from
  ---- HW/OS failure

Yes

  ---- Data center failure

No

  --- What are availability requirements from system users?
  ---- How quickly failover suppose to happen
  ------ No downtime
  ------ 5 min ok
  ------ 8 hours ok

There would only be application servers availability issue.  We would like
to have the Apps server running with no downtime.

  I am afraid there is no single paper describing solutions for all HA
  cases.
  If you give as some input, we might suggest you something :)

  Jurijs

  On 6/27/07, Farhan Khan < farhan.toqeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > All:
  >
  > I hope anyone could help me in this matter. I need to setup a HA
server
  for
  > Oracle - E-Business Suite using Linux operating system. If any of you
  have
  > done it before or planning to please guide me / share your experience.
  What
  > would be the starting point for me to achieve this?
  >
  > Regards,
  >
  > Farhan Khan
  >
  > --
  > 20 percent of computer users are Linux/Unix users, but remember, we
are
  the

  --
  Yury