Re: HA for Oracle E-Business Suite

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:23:19 +0300

If you are 100% sure about DB availability (I would have daubs about
this assumption) and interested in Apps part HA only then you have two
main options
A.
put additional Apps server run Web/Forms/CM-s n those servers at the same time.
Load balancing users' requests across available servers (See Topology
doc mentioned in that thread).
CM-s in PCP mode (Parallel Concurrent Processing).
B.
Configure Cold Cluster with virtual host to fail over services to other server.
Shared SAN is needed. This option is more OS solution the APPS related.

Just my 0.02$,
Jurijs

On 6/27/07, Farhan Khan <farhan.toqeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Jurijh,

Here are answers of your questions. I hope they would help you understand
the requirement.

> The kind of questions would be:
> - Current Topology
> --- Single server (DB Web Forms CM-s running on the same server)

No, DB would  be housed in  SAN and  Web Froms, CM-s would be on  separate
server.

> --- Split configuration DB is separated from Web Forms CM-s

No

> --- How components are splited? Are CM-s running on the DB server /

No

> Web server or on dedicated server? Ate there multiple servers for
> Web/Forms/CM-s

No, there would be a  single server hosting  everything except the DB.

> --- What kind of problems you are going to protect system from
> ---- HW/OS failure

Yes

> ---- Data center failure

No

> --- What are availability requirements from system users?
> ---- How quickly failover suppose to happen
> ------ No downtime
> ------ 5 min ok
> ------ 8 hours ok

There would only be application servers availability issue.  We would like
to have the Apps server running with no downtime.

> I am afraid there is no single paper describing solutions for all HA
cases.
> If you give as some input, we might suggest you something :)
>
> Jurijs
>
> On 6/27/07, Farhan Khan < farhan.toqeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > All:
> >
> > I hope anyone could help me in this matter. I need to setup a HA server
for
> > Oracle - E-Business Suite using Linux operating system. If any of you
have
> > done it before or planning to please guide me / share your experience.
What