Re: HA for Oracle E-Business Suite

  • From: "Maris Elsins" <elmaris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:11:09 +0300

OK. I agree.
But if you take away the Data Guard, you get 1 option of HA system.

The only question is .. what are the requirements for availability.
If this is the case where practically no downtime is allowed, than MAA -
Data Guard = Possible solution (RAC, multiple Apps servers, etc)
If availability requirements are not so high - there are other less
expensive options...... but as I see from the e-mails.. the topic has
already gone this way ...

thanks for correction

On 6/27/07, Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oracle names HA differently Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) ;)
I would disagree on that definition :)

Take a look on that paper:
Transitioning Transitioning E-Business Suite to the Maximum
Availability Architecture with Minimal Downtime: E-Business Suite
11i.10.2 and Database 10gR2

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/MAA_WP_Apps11i_Db10gR2.pdf

Looks like a dream of any Apps DBA & Oracle Sales Man :).
-- So many sexy things to setup 2 RAC, Data Guards, ASM, Load
Balancing, Multiple Apps servers etc
-- So many expencive products :D

MMA is MAX HA.

Jurijs