Re: Cluster On VMWear Server

  • From: khaled Saeed <my_oracles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 04:52:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mohamed,

Check this URL I hope help you

http://www.clusterbuilder.com/vmware/

Regards,

Samer ALJazZar <samer.jazzar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hello Mohamed,

 open up both .vmx files in both vmware base directories and add the following
 disk.locking = "FALSE"
 diskLib.dataCacheMaxSize = "0"
 scsi1.sharedBus = "virtual"

 and for each disk add this line ( make sure to change scsi number based on
your setup)

 scsi1:0.deviceType = "disk"

 Good Luck

 On 4/16/08, Mohamed Ahmed Mostafa <muhammed.amustafa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Dears,
 Could you please help me how can i create a cluster server using VMWare Server
Release?
 I've installed two Virtual Servers Windows 2003 Enterprise edittion and they
can access a virtual disk, but the data which written to this virtual disk is
not concurntly shared between those two server. i have to restart the another
node to be bale to see this data. Example, if i do add a text file on the
shared disk through Node1, i can't see this file on the node two before i do
restart node tow's operating system.
  Could you please help me by any relative documents or idea can help me
understand this topic as i wanna apply a oracle cluster to learn and test it.
 BR
 Mohamed

--
Samer M. ALJazzar