[optimal] fluorescein reactions? 10% vs 25%

  • From: "Breit, Peter" <BreitP@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:46:41 -0400

I use AKORN 25% and have no problems with nausea unless the room is very warm
and the patient is African-American or Indian. Dark or light FlSd makes no
difference.
10% slower injection I use only very occasionally when I have to shoot lots of
peripheral shoots (BDR) on both eyes.
If you inject 5cc very fast you will get nausea almost every time, just my
opinion after my 45 years of experience with this stuff.
Time to retire ….

Thank you friends
Peter

Peter L. Breit, CRA.
Director Ophthalmic Services
The Lankenau Hospital & Bryn Mawr Hospital
484-476-3338
484-476-8206 fax
484-437-3262 mobile
page 3707