[optimal] Re: artifact issue

  • From: "George Henry, CRA, PBT" <ghenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:37:42 -0600

Think about the optics, folks. anything in the image path on the patient
("forward") side of the magnification lenses WILL change size and apparent
position as you change magnification.  Only spots BEHIND the magnification
lenses will stay the same size, and in the same position, regardless of
magnification setting.

My money is on the lower relay lens. I bet somebody blew on it to remove
some dust, and got some spit on it.  That, or the camera sensor itself.

George E. Henry, CRA, PBT
Wheaton Eye Clinic, Ltd.
2015 N. Main Street
Wheaton IL 60187