[optacon-l] optacon saves the day again!

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Optacon" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:12:30 -0700

Hi list,
Well, the optacon is victorious again. I used it to get into Windows safe mode
and do the deletions that needed to be done; it took two hours, but I can't
tell you what a relief it is to get this done. True, it would have taken a
sighted person five minutes, but when a blind person can do this at all,
digging around in safe mode in huge folder lists and highlighting the precise
ones that need to be deleted, it is truly a powerful testimony to the wonders
of the optacon. I am so very grateful to those who help repair and maintain
these wonderful devices.

My PC is back to its efficient self, or at least as efficient as Windows XP is
supposed to be, with all its quirks.

Long, and very long, live the optacon, and this great list!!

Mary who just can't believe it all worked, and I promise there won't be any
more complaints from me about PC's and software!