[optacon-l] Re: optacon saves the day again!

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 06:27:25 -0400 (EDT)

This week my braille transcribing work included a flow chart. It covered
two pages and was full of lines and boxes as well as text. When the
original .pdf file was converted to a .txt file, those pages did not even
convert. I was using a printed out version of the .pdf file so I tried
scaning the flow chart with an ordinary scanner. No dice. Some of the tct
showed up but it was a mess. Final resort? the Optacon. I was able to read
the text inbetween all those linees and boxes and finally after looking at
it enough times, interpret the order in which the text of the chart was
suposed to go and then I could describe it in the braille document as well
as transcribing it. Another victory for the Optacon.
Catherine