Re: a wish list

  • From: "Francesca Diodati" <mdiodat@xxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:07:45 +0200

A one-handed optacon has been at the top of my wishlist forever. I
periodically brought it up on this list but I rarely got any feedback. It's
so cool it's being discussed now! I don't know if it would be feasible but
at least, let's discuss it!

One of the distressing aspects of the optacon for me is that I have to sit
in the same uncomfortable position for hours, until my back hurts. If we
could use just one hand we would have enormous freedom of movement. We could
be on the phone or take notes while we read, like with a tape recorder. We
could read in bed more easily...We could do a billion things more
effectively and with more comfort.

Fran