Re: Survey Update May 14 2006

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:00:30 -0500

One has to put it in "inverse" print mode, and it can be read, but bills are
cluttered, and unless new, folds, and dirt make it harder to find the numbers,
and
one must know where they are in the corners of the bill.

Nick

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:51:48 -0700, Linda Gehres wrote:

 I, too, tried to read paper money with the Optacon but couldn't, probably
 because the print is in a color it can't pick up.  Also, the skill of
 deciphering print at certain points on a page is primarily what I use the
 Optacon for, example, to determine how much bills are and to insure the part
 you detach when you send the bill back with your check is in its proper
 position within the window envelope.  Given the tasks at work for which I
 used the Optacon, I never did develop the ability to read text quickly, but
 I'm so grateful just for the fact that I can read at all!

 Linda Gehres