Re: Survey Update May 14 2006

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:34:03 -0400

That ability to go right to the place in the page that you want is probably
the number one reason why I tend, especially with short documents like
bills, notes, memos, and the like, to grab the Optacon rather than throwing
stuff on the scanner.  It just feels so long and tedious to sit and wait
while the scanner grinds through the whole page.  Then, that done, I have
to figure out where in the re-formatted text of the document that little
bit of information I really need is located.

Your comment on spelling actually seems like a strong argument for braille
as well as for the Optacon.  I can guarantee that my spelling wouldn't be
anywhere near what it is without having done a lot of braille reading over
the years.  (Gee, having said that I'd best spell check this so I don't
make a liar out of myself.)

Cheers,
Jerry