subject lines

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:20:26 -0400 (EDT)

We have an interesting problem in the area of subject lines. Some listers
use key words to identify certain messages in which they are interested.
That is the reason why I include the words "updage" or "survey" when I let
the list know what's new. I presume it also works in reverse: listers not
interested in survey updates probably do not read those messages. That
presents a problem when the content of the messages changes. For instance,
this morning there are several message containing suggestions for reading
paper money. It's possible for somebody to miss those messages.
Even more important, eventually we may resort to using the list archives
to do several interesting things. Some of the messages are annecdotal.
They paint very vivid word pictures of the uses of the Optacon which we
may want to share with funding sources. Other messages contain tips and
instructions or suggestions which would be useful to new Optacon users or
to those who had no thought of a particular strategy.
I don't know exactly how to solve this problem. Any ideas would be
appreciated.
Catherine