[optacon-l] Re: Reading Speed

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:04:43 EST

I was about in the 120 word per minute range when I used it every day for  my
computer programming and sometimes reading a novel for pleasure. I'm sure I'm
 not that fast now, but I don't use it as much.

Gail

When in my prime, reading 8-hours aday at work, then later for pleasure, I
did memos
in a familiar font in the mid 150WPM range.  For books once  I'd
become familiar with the font and layout of the book in the 120's.   Mail
down to
about 80 to 100wpm, slower for bills and the like even with  familiar format,
because they stick in advertising squibs, and frequently  diddle the format.
Nowadays,
with my partner Sir Arthur Itis, and  infrequent use, it's in the misserible
60wpm range.
Nick
On Fri, 7 Mar  2008 07:01:07 -0800, Mary Emerson wrote:
Sarah,
I would probably be  considered one of those super-fast optacon users and I
probably read about  120 words a minute if the print is clear and the
material is somewhat  familiar. It's less than that depending on the print
and the difficulty of  what I'm reading. I haven't timed myself lately
though.
Mary
To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes)
in the message  subject.
Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by  sending a message
to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in
the message subject.