[optacon-l] Reading Speed

  • From: "Sarah Clark" <goldflash9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:46:21 -0800

I don't have an opticon yet, but I'm just curious of how fast people can
read with them?  I know there's a learning curve, but once you get past
that...  and how long does it generally take to get past that learning
curve.  I could read print up until 7 years ago so I don't have the problem
of having to learn what the print letters are; just getting used to
recognizing them with the opticon.
Also, it seems as though most people prefer the opticon 1 as opposed to the
opticon 2?  My husband was interested in being able to use it to read liquid
crystal displays such as on some electronics.  Is the opticon 2 better for
that?

Thanks,
Sarah