[optacon-l] Re: Reading Speed

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:01:09 -0600

When in my prime, reading 8-hours aday at work, then later for pleasure, I did
memos in a familiar font in the mid 150WPM range.  For books once I'd
become familiar with the font and layout of the book in the 120's.  Mail down
to about 80 to 100wpm, slower for bills and the like even with familiar format,
because they stick in advertising squibs, and frequently diddle the format.
Nowadays, with my partner Sir Arthur Itis, and infrequent use, it's in the
misserible
60wpm range.

Nick

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 07:01:07 -0800, Mary Emerson wrote:

Sarah,

I would probably be considered one of those super-fast optacon users and I
probably read about 120 words a minute if the print is clear and the
material is somewhat familiar. It's less than that depending on the print
and the difficulty of what I'm reading. I haven't timed myself lately
though.

Mary