[optacon-l] Re: I can see clearly now!

  • From: "C. Pond" <cpond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 22:36:00 -0400

Also, some of the cleaners leave a sort of shadow on the mirror in the
optacon's camera, or on the lens or filter.  It might not seem to matter
because the optacon's camera is not overly precise, but a permanent shadow
is what it is.
I have come across everything from dog hair, to dust, to polin, to
well-rooted fungus and whatever else inside optacon cameras.  One should use
extreme care and a lint-free cloth or lint-free cue-tip to clean the lens
and retina.  Do not blow air from the mouth as some have absurdly done; use
gentle air and I would advise through a lint-free cloth or filter to clear
away debris from inside the disassembled cambera.  Don't forget the retina
shell and chip.  A delicate job, but one which maketh a difference.

Charles