[optacon-l] I can see clearly now!

  • From: Gordon Kent <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 22:30:31 -0400

Hi:
Some of you may be aware of this already, but I just discovered this now and
thought some may find it helpful.  If, llike me, you find yourself thinking
that you might be losing your touch with the opticon because you can’t seem to
read stuff that you could before, it may be the simple fact that some dust or
gunk has gotten inside of the camera itself, and/or the lenses you are using.
I was paarticularly having problems with LCD displays on some of my music
keyboards and other audio equipment, everything seemed fuzzy.  I got one of
those cans of pressurized cleaners they sell at Radio shack.  They are intended
to be used for cleaning computer keyboards or dirty switches and controls.  I
took the lens off of one of my opticons and stuck the little straw into the
little hole in the camera and sprayed a couple of quick shots, then turned the
camera upside down and gave it a couple of good shakes.  I did the same for my
lenses.  The difference is really amazing.  It’s like getting a new pair of
glasses I guess.  This stuff gets really cold when you touch it after it is out
of the can, but it evaporates very quickly.

Gordto view the list archives, go to: