RE: How would the one-handed Optacon work? was a wish list

  • From: "Dave Godfrey" <dave.godfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:46:20 +0100

The reference to the mouse was an analogy. It was to give the idea something
that most people could appreciate. It wouldn't operate like a mouse, but be
handheld like a mouse.
Another point brought up is the array. It may be worth thinking of new
polymer technology and move away from piezo ceramic driven pins that are
bulky and heavy. I know there are developments in Braille displays using
polymers , but the refresh rate is currently a sticking point, but who
knows, if a research lab was involved in a new design, then perhaps this
limitation could be overcome.

Best regards

Dave