Help needed with subject lines and email programs

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:04:48 -0400 (EDT)

I've received a couple of posts asking about how to change subject lines
in some of the more pupular email programs. I know how to do this in Pine
which is what I use for email. I don't know how to do it in any of the
other programs such as Outlook Express, Eudora, etc.
If I can judge by a message which Maureen sent a couple of weeks ago to
the Optacon list, some other users are not sure how to make the "reply to"
addresses show, how to reply to a list versus privately to an individual,
and how to choose whether or not to include the original message.
In Pine it's easy to do these things because all the necessary questions
are asked with each reply message. In other programs I guess, it depends
on how the program is set. From the posts I've been receiving, some
listers don't know that these options can be changed.
Is anybody on the list conversant with any of the major email programs
enough to help with this? If so, please write to me privately, so that I
can contact the individuals who had problems with the necessary
information.
Thanks i;n acdvance for any help.
Catherine