Re: Inappropriate posting to lists

  • From: "don bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:23:34 -0700

This list is for topics closely related to the optacon or to significant
research and possible development of technology related to the optacon
principle.

Off topic messages are not appropriate here and definitely not welcomed.

Furthermore any encouragement of members to post information which is off-topic
to other lists is not welcome.

The optacon is a very important piece of equipment to all of us and rightfully
so.

However, list moderators establish lists for certain purposes and members of a
list are expected to play by the rules of the moderator.

Not doing so can get you some nasty email or even suspension and possibly
removal from a list.

This list will not be used as a means of encouraging off-topic messages here or
anywhere else.

Optacon surveys and spreading information regarding the optacon is a good thing
but this list will not be used to tread on the rights of people on other lists
maintain their own topics.

I hope I have seen the last of encouraging people to knowingly break rules of
this or any other list.

Keep your enthusiasm in check and you break rules here or anywhere else at your
own risk.

Consider yourselves warned!

To all of you who do obey the rules of list curtousey,  I do appreciate your
cooperation and I know other list moderators do as well.

Thank you for your cooperation in this.

Don Bishop,   list moderator