[opendtv] Re: Opinion: Putting A Price Tag On TV Spectrum

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:09:53 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Albert Manfredi" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:09:49 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [opendtv] Re: Opinion: Putting A Price Tag On TV Spectrum

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> In reality, TV broadcasting will survive after being forced
> to live in a smaller spectrum footprint that they will need
> to use MUCH MORE EFFICIENTLY.

If I believed in conspiracy theories, I'd say that "some govt agency" is in the
pocket of the MVPDs. The VHF 14-15 dB power cut blunder and the caps that apply
to broadcasters but not to MVPDs being just part of the master plan.

The broadcasters should put on a super magnanimous act, and "offer back"
Channels 2-13 for cell phone service. For nothing. Imagine all the good will
that would generate at the FCC.

Bert
*******************************
MAA - Bert, I did part of that 3 weeks ago (I offered up lo-VHF) in a meeting
with the FCC. In meeting with the BBTF (Broad Band Task Force) I stated that
the long range of lo-VHF would be ideal for the wireless guys... ;-)

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><