[opendtv] Re: Must carry fiasco

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:25:12 -0800

Yep, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.

DTV has been permissive for LPTVs for more than a decade, and LPTV's do not
need advance permission to transmit digitally.  There are more than a few
DTV LPTV and translators.

The regulation of LPTVs is much, much, much looser than full service TV
stations: no minimum broadcast day, no city of license to serve, channel
envelope versus mandatory modulation schemes.