[opendtv] Re: Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:32:09 -0500

Yes, they do.

<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-192A1.pdf>

"        6. Finally, we sought comment in the NPRM on how we should
interpret certain portions of Section 309(j)(14) of the Communications Act,
which requires the Commission to reclaim the 6 MHz each broadcaster uses for
transmission of analog television service by December 31, 2006, unless an
extension is granted pursuant to the criteria established in Section
309(j)(14)(B). Commenters made a number of suggestions regarding the
interpretation of various aspects of Section 309(j)(14)(B). We are
continuing to review these comments and to consider the issues raised in the
NPRM regarding Section 309(j)(14) and plan to address these issues in the
near future."

John Shutt