[opendtv] Re: Internet takes over

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:51:08 -0600

Mike Tsinberg wrote:

> "The Internet has taken over television's place in our lives,
> and the Internet will be taking over television's place in
> the electromagnetic spectrum too" From this article below:

I wouldn't be surprised, actually.

BUT

IMO, it's not that the Internet takes television's place, as much as that TV
becomes part of the Internet. Both in terms of traditional congloms/broadcaster
content, and in terms of news videos, YouTube videos, cell phone videos, and
the rest of the new "TV content."