[opendtv] Re: Image quality

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:28:56 -0500

Still, it seems it would be a mathematically simpler problem to just
deal with the distortion caused by limited optics.  I guess the
convolution math there is fixed and known since you described it it a
it.

It almost seems as if you could auto-tune something like this just by
taking pictures of known test patterns and evolving some deconvolution
parameters using various AI techniques like neural networks or genetic
algorithms.

Trying to deal with sources of unpredictable noise or motion seems a lot
harder.

- Tom