[opendtv] Re: DTT tuner design (was Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia)

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:52:34 -0400

I'm not sure either CE manufacturers or broadcasters are willing to spend much to ensure OTA is good enough to keep people from migrating to cable.

- Tom

Allen Le Roy Limberg wrote:
The real problem is that broadcasters have looked to CE manufacturers to
spend the money to do R & D to develop a system for OTA.  It is not a good
investment for CE manufacturers  Broadcasters would have done better to hire
a R & D lab to do the necessary work to develop a viable system & protect
their OTA business.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>