[opendtv] Re: Apple Introduces New Apple TV Software & Lowers Price to $229

  • From: John Golitsis <jgolitsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:21:05 -0500

Is this something brand new?? At CES, Samsung announced their 3rd generation of DLP RP models with LED light sources. Mitsubishi announced laser light source DLP RPs at CES. According to a report I read by Peter Putman, the picture looked similar to the Samsung LED- based sets. I'm curious to know what you are referring to.

On 16-Jan-08, at 10:11 AM, Craig Birkmaier wrote:

Completely unrelated, I have been made aware of a new (actually enhanced) projection TV technology using LEDs as the light source.