[opendtv] Re: Another view on media recovery

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:29:06 -0500

dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:
"The networks are constricted by the demands of affiliates and limitations of decency (because the use the public air waves). The model is broken." -Don Moore

I would hate to think that decency is what is restricting the networks from developing good programming. I would argue that much of the "CSI/CIS" franchise is worse than most of what is on cable with its very graphic violence and morbid scenery. Personally, I would also argue that a civilized society, one that is progressive rather than decadent, would take decency into account in all it does, including television programming, just for the justice of it, even for the politeness of it. Of course, to many in our society, those concepts are considered negative terms instead of positive.

Dan Grimes

I think decency is viewed by the program producers as a huge limitation on how much money they *could* be making if they could air XXXX Porno all hours of the day and night.