[opendtv] Re: Another view on media recovery

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:09:12 -0800

"The networks are constricted by the demands of affiliates and limitations
of decency (because the use the public air waves).  The model is broken."
-Don Moore

I would hate to think that decency is what is restricting the networks
from developing good programming.  I would argue that much of the
"CSI/CIS" franchise is worse than most of what is on cable with its very
graphic violence and morbid scenery.  Personally, I would also argue that
a civilized society, one that is progressive rather than decadent, would
take decency into account in all it does, including television
programming, just for the  justice of it, even for the politeness of it.
Of course, to many in our society, those concepts are considered negative
terms instead of positive.

Dan Grimes