[opendtv] Re: Another view on media recovery

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:55:13 -0500

Don Moore wrote:
The networks are constricted by the demands of affiliates and
limitations of decency (because the use the public air waves).

Show me where it still says 'the airwaves belong to the people'.

That went away in 1986 when the FCC revised [or maybe it should be
'did away with'] the rules?

If there is to be no more OTA TV because the spectrum is being sold to the highest bidder, how can the broadcast spectrum be called "public airwaves"?

To me it looks like it will soon be 'the public be damned'!

Not to mention decency. Where has there been any of that on broadcast television in the last 20+ years?

I absolutley will not pay for television that is full of commercials over cable, satellite or fiber.