[openbeosnetteam] Re: Selfintroduction

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:43:26 +0100 CET

Hi Colin,

Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
> i'm colin and i'm studying computer science at a german university.
> currently i'm at the beginning of my master-thesis on the matter:
> porting the freebsd wlan-stack to haiku. i'm on the way to apply on
> the
> related haikuware-bounty, too.
> i subscribed to this list, because i think that this topic belongs
> here.
> kind if you tell me whether i'm right or wrong about this assumption.
> I also asked Ithamar Adema, whether its alright for him to let me
> takeover this task, because i knew that he started working on it. So
> if
> there is any other wlan-stack-porter out there, please let me know.

Welcome! AFAIK Ithamar should be the only one active on working on
this.
When are you planning to start working on the project, or have you
already started?

In any case, even if Ithamar had finished the port already, I guess
there would be enough work left to port more drivers, and integrate it
properly into Haiku, ie. adding the configuration of the wireless stuff
into ifconfig, and the Network preferences app, and having
NetworkStatus monitor the wireless networks and the signal quality.

Bye,
   Axel.