[openbeosmediakit] Re: 3ivx decoder and Haiku

  • From: Matthew Potts <pottsy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:51:32 +1200

David McPaul wrote:

Heya,

Just thought I would let everyone know I spent some time this weekend porting the 3ivx decoder to the Haiku media kit.

It went quite well with only a few adjustments that needed to be made.

Any plans for xvid too?

- Matt

The main problem I had was that the new codec code seems to be expecting the avi fourcc to be swapped using B_SWAP_INT32 and this is different to the R5 media kit.

Seeking seems to not work correctly but I think that is currently an issue with the extractor not yet implementing seeking yet.

Since the 3ivx decoder handles many different MPEG-4 content it clashes with the avcodec and the codec's it registers for. Are we looking at adding functionality to let the user choose the decoder using some sort of priority or niceness factor?

But hey, my 3ivx movies play under Haiku and thats exciting :-)

Cheers
David

-- Ask Not for whom the Bell Tolls, and You will Pay only the Station-to-Station rate.