[openbeos-midi] Re: Update (and SBLive midi tester wanted!)

  • From: Crain Greg <greg.crain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:51:08 -0400

Hello,

I started writing the module ages ago.  I recently revisited it, and have it
compiling.  I am going to work on debugging it this weekend on my AWE64.
There's still a few things that I am not 100% sure about.  It's probably only
days away from getting it to work with one card, but if threes two or more
cards in a system, I'm not sure how the module is supposed to work.  Is the
module copied for each sound card, or is the module only loaded once and all
cards share it?  I'm not that familiar how modules are used.

Is the midi_parser even used?

Also- is there anyone on this list that has an SBLive and midi interface that
wants to test a midi port driver?  I was also working on an add-on driver for
the SBLive.  For the SBLive I was talking right to the midi server, so what I
learned is almost a cut-n-paste to the module.

Greg Crain
gsc70@xxxxxxxxxxx