[ola] OWL gem of the day!

  • From: Stel Schmalz <sschmalz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:34:50 -0500

Today in my 6th grade class (1st years), as we were going over vocabulary,
one kid interrupts me to ask me "Que es zanahoria de hielo?",  Hmmmm  I ask
him to repeat b/c I don't get it but another kid figured it out and added
"en la casa" at which point a few others got it and were all saying "si,
si" and adding, agua, mucho frio, hielo, casa, zanahoria!

Finally I figured it out-  they were all circumlocuting "icicle".  We then
had a great time learning the word "Carambano"!  When would you ever teach
that word in a regular/non-OWL class?

So much fun!  I love OWL!

Stel