[obol] Re: another idea to prevent window strikes

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:39:00 -0700

Here is a product made by American Bird Conservancy:

http://abcbirdtape.org/index.html

Looks like good stuff, but I have not used it yet.

Cheers
Dave Lauten

On 10/10/2014 3:20 PM, L Markoff wrote:

For a couple of decades I've been using pieces of FOST (fluorescent orange surveyors tape) and other tapes/stickers on my windows to try to prevent window strikes. I also place my feeders in such a way that if birds are spooked off the feeders they will not fly into the windows. Here is another idea a friend passed along, using a highlighter pen to make a grid on your window:

http://youtu.be/c1u3auWG9qc

Sometimes no matter what precautions you take a bird will still hit your window, but it's good to have another tool in the toolkit.

Lori Markoff

Eugene