[obol] another idea to prevent window strikes

  • From: "L Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:20:32 -0700

For a couple of decades I've been using pieces of FOST (fluorescent orange
surveyors tape) and other tapes/stickers on my windows to try to prevent
window strikes.  I also place my feeders in such a way that if birds are
spooked off the feeders they will not fly into the windows.  Here is another
idea a friend passed along, using a highlighter pen to make a grid on your
window:

http://youtu.be/c1u3auWG9qc

Sometimes no matter what precautions you take a bird will still hit your
window, but it's good to have another tool in the toolkit.

Lori Markoff

Eugene