[obol] Thayer's vs Glaucous-Winged x Western?

  • From: Justin Cook <jrc7219@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 21:32:26 -0800

Hello,
Thought I'd get some opinions on this gull I saw at Clackamette Park
today.  I thought "oh a Thayer's" but then Larus-doubt creeped in and took
hold.

https://flic.kr/p/q4zU6m
https://flic.kr/p/qJasZg

So it has a "friendly" face, I'd let it take a Mew to the prom.  Somewhat
slenderish bill but the gonydeal seems to have some angle to it.  The eye
was fairly dark with maybe a raspberry coloring to the orbital but the
light could have been better.
The legs don't have that deep pink color.  The gray mantle was a close
match to the Glaucous-Winged gulls.
I saw a picture on the interweb that seemed close and it was a
Glaucous-Winged x Western but the mantle was darker.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Justin