[obol] Re: Smith-Bybee today

  • From: Lyn Topinka <pointers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx" <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:49:09 -0700

hi ... to add to Andy's list ...

we had 2 Red-Necked Phalaropes on Bybee and at the blind on Smith we had a
Pectoral and 4 or 5 Leasts ... 6 Am White Pelicans landed too ... then on the
way back we stopped at the Slough where we had probably 100 Pelicans circling
overhead ... couldn't get  a good count because of the trees ...

impressive number of Great Egrets out there ... just no little short ones ...

Lyn

Lyn Topinka
Vancouver, Wa.
NorthwestJourney.com

On Sep 3, 2014, at 1:36 PM, Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did not see the Snowy Egret, but there were 316 GREAT EGRETS (168 on Smith
and 148 on Bybee), many GREAT BLUE HERONS and a GREEN HERON was in the slough
on the right as you come in.

There was a remarkable decrease in shorebirds from 2 days ago.  There were
Killdeer both lakes, and 2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS and 2 LEAST SANDPIPERS seen
from the Canoe Launch on Smith Lake.  Bybee had 1 RED-NECKED PHALAROPE and
KILLDEER but I did not see any other shorebirds.  The hundreds of peeps that
had been on the far shore of Bybee were all gone.  Someone I met had earlier
seen 2 Lesser Yellowlegs.

But it was a good day for warblers with WILSON'S, YELLOW, ORANGE-CROWNED,
BLACK-THROATED GRAY, and COMMON YELLOWTHROAT.

Andy Frank