[obol] Smith-Bybee today

  • From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:36:23 -0700

I did not see the Snowy Egret, but there were 316 GREAT EGRETS (168 on
Smith and 148 on Bybee), many GREAT BLUE HERONS and a GREEN HERON was in
the slough on the right as you come in.

There was a remarkable decrease in shorebirds from 2 days ago.  There were
Killdeer both lakes, and 2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS and 2 LEAST SANDPIPERS seen
from the Canoe Launch on Smith Lake.  Bybee had 1 RED-NECKED PHALAROPE and
KILLDEER but I did not see any other shorebirds.  The hundreds of peeps
that had been on the far shore of Bybee were all gone.  Someone I met had
earlier seen 2 Lesser Yellowlegs.

But it was a good day for warblers with WILSON'S, YELLOW, ORANGE-CROWNED,
BLACK-THROATED GRAY, and COMMON YELLOWTHROAT.

Andy Frank