[obol] Re: Rogue Valley Bar-Headed Goose is Domestic

  • From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 16:55:37 -0700

Good points I never thought about. I wonder if this is detailed on ebird as
to what we should do. Where would one draw the line with say northern
bobwhites vs mandarin ducks? What gets reported?
On Jun 5, 2015 12:20 PM, "James Billstine" <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I meant the original email for people who might "chase" without knowing. I
enjoy the peafowl at Mildred Kanipe Park, but I don't "list" them, nor post
them to obol or ebird them any more than I would something at a Zoo. No
disrespect against the bird itself intended.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sure - enjoy a very attractive bird. I agree that this bird has to be an
escapee. It is not a species that could reasonably be expected to occur
here as a vagrant.

Jeff Gilligan

On Jun 5, 2015, at 12:08 PM, Janet Kelly <chamkell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Even an escapee, in my opinion as a birder, is definitely worth a look!
Thanks for sharing!

Janet
Medford

--