[obol] Re: Possible Rock Wren at Mt. Pisgah

  • From: Lawrence McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rubberbutt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 17:27:00 -0700

Rachael,

This is a Rock Wren; a good bird for the area. As far as I know, it is a first
for the Mt. Pisgah list. It appears to be regular but rare in the valley and
accidental on the coast. It sticks to quarries and buttes with some rock, like
Spencer’s Butte. One is always lucky to run into it on the west side.

Larry

On Jun 4, 2015, at 9:31 PM, rachael friese <rubberbutt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Today at Mt. Pisgah I watched a bird that I wasn't familiar with. It was
only in sight for a couple of minutes and did not vocalize. It hopped
amongst some cut logs and it's tail was down the entire time.

The cut logs were on the left side of the trail, near the noisy power lines,
on the way to the meadow.

Photo: https://flic.kr/p/u7qFsf <https://flic.kr/p/u7qFsf>

I'm heading back tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have another look and maybe even
hear it!

Rachael Friese